COLLEGE OF INFORMATION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA at OMAHA (UNO), NEBRASKA, USA
Research/Development/Consulting Interests: Virtual world project management, Virtual project management, B2B EC assurance and risk management in extended enterprises, Best Practices in IS/T Project Management, Knowledge management and representation, Pattern Theory, and Philosophical, Pedagogical & Ethical issues in IS education & research.
Recent Teaching Experience/Teaching Capabilities: Doctoral Seminar on the Philosophical Foundations of IS/IT Research, Doctoral Seminar on the Technical and Process issues in IS/IT research, IT audit and Control, E-Business/Electronic Commerce, Global IT Leadership & Management, Managing in a Digital World, IT Strategy, Business Data Communications & Distributed Processing Systems, Information Systems Analysis, Systems Design & Development, Information Systems Theory, Management of IS, Research Methods in IS, Foundations of IS Research, Philosophical, Ethical, and Pedagogical Issues in IS.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Community Engagement and Internationalization Officer. (November 1st, 2006-until date).
- Provided leadership in coordination with the dean to enhance and develop community business relationships including applied research funding, advisory board membership, fund raising for the college and recruitment/promotion.
- Support the Dean and College by attending various meetings and working on various initiatives/projects including leadership in program/curriculum and resource evaluation and development, assessment and accreditation activities, and budget management – in particular authored (or coauthored or facilitated) curriculum for doctoral, masters, undergraduate degrees, undergraduate/graduate certificates, and courses.
- Support the College in student recruitment, student success, and technical assistance.
- Support the Dean to build strategic relationships with the business community and cultivate alumni and business leaders – established social media linkages via facebook and linkedin; developed strong collaborations with local firms using “collaboration retreats” to jumpstart R&D activities.
- Assist the Dean to identify additional sources of revenue, internally and externally.
- Support the Dean to maintain and strengthen the College’s relationship with other academic and non-academic units on campus – developed strong collaborations with all colleges on campus using “collaboration retreats” to jumpstart activities.
- Support the development and enhancement of international alliances and partnerships in teaching, research and student mobility – instrumental in developing strong faculty/student ties with India, Norway, Germany that have permeated across our campus.
- Support and assist the Dean in college RP&T activities and performance review of college staff.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS DEPARTMENT, COLLEGE OF INFORMATION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA at OMAHA (UNO), NEBRASKA, USA.
Department Chair. (April 2002-November 2006). Major accomplishments.
Peter Kiewit Distinguished Professor (August 2005-November 2006). Discontinued due to the move to an administrative position. Appointed on the basis of a university-wide review.
Full Professor of Information Systems and Quantitative Analysis (August 2001 – till date).
Interim Department Chair. (June 2001-April 2002).
Associate Professor of Information Systems and Quantitative Analysis. (July 2000-July 2001).
Graduate Faculty Member, 2000-till date.
Graduate Faculty Fellow, 2000-till date. This recognition is awarded based on a University-wide peer review process.
Other Academic Affiliations at UNO:
Faculty Member (Appointed), School of International Studies and Programs, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha. (Spring 2004 – till date).
Graduate Faculty Scholar, College of Graduate Studies, University of Central Florida (September 2011-till date) – (PDF).
PhD Program Major Advisor, School of Engineering, Sir Padmpat Singhania University, Udaipur, India (1/21/2013- till date) – (PDF).
Visiting Faculty, Management Center Innsbruck, Austria. (2011-till date)
Member, Board of Management, Sir Padapmpat Singhania University (SPSU), India. (2009-till date).
Member, International Advisory Council, Bennett University (BU), India (2016-till date).
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS (INSTITUTT FOR INFORMASJONSVITENSKAP), AGDER UNIVERSITY COLLEGE (HØGSKOLEN I AGDER), KRISTIANSAND, NORWAY.
- Visiting Professor of Information Systems. (August to December 1998. On sabbatical from NKU).
- Responsibilities: Taught a senior/graduate information systems analysis course and developed collaborative research efforts with Agder faculty leading to quality publications.
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS, NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY, HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, KENTUCKY, USA.
- Associate Professor of Information Systems. (1997-2000). Continuous appointment (tenure) approved in 1997.
- Graduate Faculty Member, Northern Kentucky University, 1996-2005.
Assistant Professor of Information Systems. (1991-1997). Undergraduate courses taught: Introduction to Business Programming; Information Systems Analysis; Systems Design & Development; Data Communications & Distributed Processing Systems; Principles of Information Systems; Introduction to Business Computing.Graduate courses taught: Data Communications & Distributed Processing Systems (MBA elective); Fundamentals of Information Systems and Statistics (MBA cohort course); Information Systems in Organizations (IS core for MBA); Corporate Information Systems Management (MBA elective).
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY.
- Instructor, Area of Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences. (8/1988-8/1991).
- Undergraduate courses taught: Introduction to Computing (Lab); Data Communications & Distributed Processing Systems.
- Graduate courses taught: Survey of Management Information Systems (Laboratory).
- Instructor , Division of Continuing Education, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX.
- Taught continuing education students various productivity software tools: dBASE III plus; Lotus 123; Advanced dBASE III plus; Advanced Lotus 123; WordPerfect.
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY at CARBONDALE, ILLINOIS, USA.
Graduate Assistant, Department of Finance. (1/1987-8/1988).