COLLEGE OF INFORMATION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA at OMAHA (UNO), NEBRASKA, USA
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Community Engagement and Internationalization Officer. (November 1st, 2006-until date).
- Provided leadership in coordination with the dean to enhance and develop community business relationships including applied research funding, advisory board membership, fund raising for the college and recruitment/promotion.
- Support the Dean and College by attending various meetings and working on various initiatives/projects including leadership in program/curriculum and resource evaluation and development, assessment and accreditation activities, and budget management – in particular authored (or coauthored or facilitated) curriculum for doctoral, masters, undergraduate degrees, undergraduate/graduate certificates, and courses.
- Support the College in student recruitment, student success, and technical assistance.
- Support the Dean to build strategic relationships with the business community and cultivate alumni and business leaders – established social media linkages via facebook and linkedin; developed strong collaborations with local firms using “collaboration retreats” to jumpstart R&D activities.
- Assist the Dean to identify additional sources of revenue, internally and externally.
- Support the Dean to maintain and strengthen the College’s relationship with other academic and non-academic units on campus – developed strong collaborations with all colleges on campus using “collaboration retreats” to jumpstart activities.
- Support the development and enhancement of international alliances and partnerships in teaching, research and student mobility – instrumental in developing strong faculty/student ties with India, Norway, Germany that have permeated across our campus.
- Support and assist the Dean in college RP&T activities and performance review of college staff.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS DEPARTMENT, COLLEGE OF INFORMATION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA at OMAHA (UNO), NEBRASKA, USA.
Department Chair. (April 2002-November 2006). Major accomplishments.
Peter Kiewit Distinguished Professor (August 2005-November 2006). Discontinued due to the move to an administrative position. Appointed on the basis of a university-wide review.
Full Professor of Information Systems and Quantitative Analysis (August 2001 – till date).
Interim Department Chair. (June 2001-April 2002).
Associate Professor of Information Systems and Quantitative Analysis. (July 2000-July 2001).
Graduate Faculty Member, 2000-till date.
Graduate Faculty Fellow, 2000-till date. This recognition is awarded based on a University-wide peer review process.
Other Academic Affiliations at UNO:
Faculty Member (Appointed), School of International Studies and Programs, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha. (Spring 2004 – till date).
Graduate Faculty Scholar, College of Graduate Studies, University of Central Florida (September 2011-till date) – (PDF).
PhD Program Major Advisor, School of Engineering, Sir Padmpat Singhania University, Udaipur, India (1/21/2013- till date) – (PDF).
Visiting Faculty, Management Center Innsbruck, Austria. (2011-till date)
Member, Board of Management, Sir Padapmpat Singhania University (SPSU), India. (2009-till date).
Member, International Advisory Council, Bennett University (BU), India (2016-till date).
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS (INSTITUTT FOR INFORMASJONSVITENSKAP), AGDER UNIVERSITY COLLEGE (HØGSKOLEN I AGDER), KRISTIANSAND, NORWAY.
- Visiting Professor of Information Systems. (August to December 1998. On sabbatical from NKU).
- Responsibilities: Taught a senior/graduate information systems analysis course and developed collaborative research efforts with Agder faculty leading to quality publications.
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS, NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY, HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, KENTUCKY, USA.
- Associate Professor of Information Systems. (1997-2000). Continuous appointment (tenure) approved in 1997.
- Graduate Faculty Member, Northern Kentucky University, 1996-2005.
Assistant Professor of Information Systems. (1991-1997). Undergraduate courses taught: Introduction to Business Programming; Information Systems Analysis; Systems Design & Development; Data Communications & Distributed Processing Systems; Principles of Information Systems; Introduction to Business Computing.Graduate courses taught: Data Communications & Distributed Processing Systems (MBA elective); Fundamentals of Information Systems and Statistics (MBA cohort course); Information Systems in Organizations (IS core for MBA); Corporate Information Systems Management (MBA elective).
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY.
- Instructor, Area of Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences. (8/1988-8/1991).
- Undergraduate courses taught: Introduction to Computing (Lab); Data Communications & Distributed Processing Systems.
- Graduate courses taught: Survey of Management Information Systems (Laboratory).
- Instructor , Division of Continuing Education, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX.
- Taught continuing education students various productivity software tools: dBASE III plus; Lotus 123; Advanced dBASE III plus; Advanced Lotus 123; WordPerfect.
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY at CARBONDALE, ILLINOIS, USA.
Graduate Assistant, Department of Finance. (1/1987-8/1988).